PRESENTATION AND MISSION:
Army Corporal School is an establishment of military instruction in charge of training corporal trainees belonging to Army Directions and Central Organs of the Ministry of the National Defense, by dispensing to them the fundamental knowledge and know-how, helping them to integrate into military life.
CONDITIONS OF RECRUITEMENT:
- Being of Tunisian nationality,
- Instruction level: Accomplished 2nd secondaryyear (new regime) to the minimum.
- being between 18 and 23 years old on December 31st of the exam years, or beingat most 24 years old for those who are in the process of doingtheir military service or those who have doing it,
- having an average market superior or equal to 10/20 in field of physical training,
- Minimun height: 1,67 m,
- Being physically fit to the military service.
CONSTITUTION OF THE DOSSIER:
- Candidacy application addressed to the Minister of the National Defense
- Parental Authorization for the candidates of less than 20 years old.
- Exact copy of the level of the Instration( school certificate or attendance certificate) and the annual mark bulletin;the certifiacates issued from private high schools should be acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and training,
- Two copies of the national identity card
- Two stamped envelops bearing the address of the candidate.
- four identity pictures.
- An original birth certificate valid for three months at least.
- original bulletin N° 3 of the same year.
- Exact copy of the good behavior certificate for those who have accomplished their military service or those who show up with a presence certificate or those who are in the process of doing their military service.
- The candidacy dossiers should be addressed by mail to the following establishments:
- Ecole des Caporaux de Meknessi, avenue Habib Bourguiba 9140, Meknassi.
- Ecole des Caporaux de Meteline, Meteline 7034, Bizerte.
- Incomplete dossiers or those addressed after the set deadline will not be taken into consideration,
- The non convocation to participate in the recruitment exam is considered as an unfavorable answer to the candidacy.
The training dispensed to corporal trainees includes the following phases:
- Phase of common basic training and rank common training lasts 22 weeks.
- Phase of training in the field of specialization lasts 4 to 6 months in one of the schools or training centers of the Armed Forces.
- Practice phase in one of the Army un ts.
- Specialties in the weapons:
Team leader gunner – gunner mortar - Gunner Machine-gun -Anti-tank Gunner – Gun Loader for tanks - Bomb disposal expert – assistant Radio operator– Transportation
- Other specialties:
- Monthly bonus of 15 dinars during the training year.
- Free lodging,
- Free clothing,
- Free food,
- Free medical care
- Free school stationery.
Designation to the rank of Corporal with wage, after a complete year of training.
Any corporal meeting the required specifications can integrate into the category of Non-commissioned officers after having passed the internal exam