1 - Mission
The Navy corporal school is an institution of military Training. Its mission is to teach seaman recruits the fundamental principles of military life and train them in one of the specialties offered by the Navy.
2 - Training Stages :
- The trainee follows up, during one school year, the level of specialization certificate n°2 during which he gathers theoretical and practical knowledge. After one year of recruitment, the trainee is promoted to the rank of seaman apprentice.
- If the seaman apprentice fulfills appropriate conditions, he can get access to the category of naval NCOs after passing an internal exam.
3 - Specialties :
The seaman apprentice is then assigned to one of the following specialties according to the needs of the Navy:
On Board Specialty
- Missile Artillery
- Weapon Electronics
- Ship navigation
- Semaphore lookout
- Navy Fusilier
4 - Advantages :
- Monthly grant from the first year of studies
- Free lodging, clothing, food and school stationery
- Free medical care.
- Monthly wage at the end of the year.
5 - RECRUITEMENT CONDITIONS :
- Tunisian Nationality, bachelor, between 18 to 23 years old at the date of September 1st of the Recruitment Year, 24 years for those who either have accomplished or on their way to accomplish their military service.
- The minimum height of 1.67 m for males, 1.60 m for females.
- School level: 2nd year of Secondary at the minimum, corresponding to the recruitment year.
- Average mark superior or equal to 10/20 in physical test.
- Fit for the military service (the medical check up and the psycho-technical test).
- The test of physical education and the written test.
- Able to swim.
- A commitment contract within the Army covering seven (07) years of active service in addition to the period of training.
6 - CONSTITUTION OF FILES
- Candidacy application addressed to the Minister of the National Defense.
- Certified copy of the school certificate or the attendance certificate.
- Certified copy of the yearly mark bulletin.
- The school certificate or an attendance certificate, if the later is delivered by a private high school, it will not be taken into consideration unless it is acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and Training.
o Two (02) Copies of the national identity card.
o Two (02) birth certificates (recent)
o Original Bulletin n°3 during the recruitment year
o Four (04) identity photos.
o Parental Authorization for the candidates under 20 years.
o Certified Copy of Good Behavior Certificate for the candidates who have accomplished their military service and an attendance certificate for those who are on their way to accomplish it.
o Two (02) stamped envelopes bearing the address of the candidate with the zip code.
The file will be addressed to the following: Le Commandant de l’Ecole des Quartiers-Maîtres, route ELMANSOURA, zip code 8090 Kélibia phone 72 72 73 42
- Every year, a recruitment notice is published in the newspapers and broadcasted on national television and radio channels.
- Incomplete dossiers and those addressed after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- The non notification to participate in the exam is considered as a rejection of the candidacy.
- You can elaborate an application through this Website: (www.defensenat.tn) so as to verify if you fulfill the recruitment conditions.