1 - Mission :
The mission of the Naval Instruction Center is to ensure the training of navy NCO trainees in various levels and specialties.
The NIC ensures, within the framework of professional training program, the training of youngsters in Professional Aptitude Certificate (CAP) and Professional Technical Brevet (BTP).
2 - The training stages :
2-1 - Basic training
The basic training lasts two years :
- During the first year, the newly recruited navy NCO follows a specialization brevet n°1 (BS1) after that he is promoted to the rank of prtty officer second class.
- Following the second year and obtaining of the specialization brevet (BS2),the petty officer second class is dispatched to work onboard of navigating units and in the technical divisions of the Navy.
2-2 - Continuous training
- Within the framework of the continuous training after six years of active service, the officer marinier who fulfills the required conditions can follow the specialization brevet course n°3 which allows him/her to have access to the rank of Cheif petty officer.
The Center also organizes a training of section leader which is the highest level of training for the navy NCOs.
3 - Field of Training and Specialty
The student NCO is guided to one of the following specialties according to the needs of the Navy :
Specialty onboard :
- Missile Artillery
- Weapon Electronics
- Ship navigation
- Quarter master
Specialty not onboard :
- semaphore lookout
- Marine fusilier
4 - Advantages :
- Free lodging, clothing and food.
- Free medical care.
- Monthly grant starting from the first year of studies.
- Monthly wage starting from the second year.
- Continuous training.
5 - Conditions of recruitment :
- Tunisian Nationality , bachelor, 23 years old at September the year of recruitment, 24 years for those who are following their military service
- Minimum height of 1.6 7m for males, 1.60m for females
- School level : accomplished 4th secondary year to the minimum or A level certificate (baccalaureate)
- Average mark : Higher or equal to 10/20 in physical education
- Fit to the military service (pass medical check up and the psycho technical test).
- Pass the physical education test.
- Able to swim
- Signing a commitment contract within the navy army covering 10 years of active service besides the period of training.
6 - Constitution of the dossier :
- Application addressed to the Minister of the National defense
- Exact copy of the baccalaureate for those who got it, or an exact copy of the school certificate or the attendance certificate for those who are in the fourth year. For those who have a certificate from a private school, this latter should be recognized by the Ministry of Education and Training
- Exact copy of marks bulletin of the baccalaureate
- Two (02) copies of the National Identity card
- Two (02) birth certificates
- Original Bulletin N°3 bearing the date of the recruitment year
- Four (04) copies of the identity card
- Parental authorization for the candidates of less than 20 years
- Exact copy of good behavior certificate for the candidates who have accomplished their military service and certificate of presence for those who are undergoing its accomplishment.
- Two (02) stamped envelopes bearing the address of the candidate with the postal code.
The dossiers will be addressed to the Commander of the Center of the Naval Instruction, RAS ECHAARA MENZEL ABDERRAHMANE 7029 - Bizerta.
- Every year, a recruitment notice is published in the newspapers and broadcast on the national channels of radio and television.
- Incomplete dossiers and those addressed after the deadline period will not be taken into consideration.
- The non notification to participate in the exam is considered as a rejection of the candidacy.
You could elaborate an application through this Web Site: (wwww.defense.tn) so as to verify if you fulfill the recruitment conditions.