• Agency: Directorate General of Military Health
• Created: 1956
• Headquarters: Bab Saadoun - 1005 Tunis
• Telephone: 71,562,900
• Fax: 71,562,400
- Supervise military medical facilities, coordinate, monitor and evaluate their activities.
- Participate in the conservation of basic health staff of the armed forces and support health care for dependents, military and civilians, in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment, explorations of medical and hospitalization.
- Ensure the dissemination of education in the military.
- Environmental protection in military units.
- Oversee veterinary medicine in the military.
- Epidemiological Monitoring in the armed forces and the establishment and monitoring of prevention programs in coordination and complementarity with the specialized services of the Ministry of Public Health.
- Overseeing the food analysis laboratories.
- Provide medical support units under the three armies as well as guidelines and common services, according to their characteristics.
- Prepare and take the necessary measures to implement plans for medical intervention in case of disaster or military operations.
- Instruction of personnel and medical units campaign in support of the military health disaster and military operations.
- Prepare the programs of acquisition of the medical equipments and the pharmaceutical products, medical supplies ensure the armed forces and ensure the maintenance of medical equipment.
- Management of staff within the General Department of Military Health.
- Ensure training of staff in areas of medical and paramedical specialization including training programs and organization of scientific events and congresses of Military Medicine.
- Develop the scientific research in the military sanitary establishments and ensure the university training.
- Prepare and implement the budget and monitoring the budgets of military medical establishments.
- Enforcement of laws relating to the care system.
Among the establishments of the Military Health:
- Military hospital for instruction of Tunis
- Military hospital of Gabes
- Military hospital of Bizerte
- Military Center for Blood Transfusion
- Expertise Center of Aeronautical Medicine
- School of Military Health